Credit Cards redefine the way we make payments and perform transactions in today’s world. Instead of carrying huge stacks of cash which is not only inconvenient but unsafe, one can simply carry his credit card and be ready for any payment anytime. They are accepted worldwide and in almost every modern retail outlet as well as online websites. With that in mind, we will review the best credit cards with low annual fees. If you have had one, you must be aware of certain credit card charges including annual maintenance fees.
What are the charges applicable to credit card holders?
Credit cards come with various charges. To name a few, there are annual maintenance fees, foreign currency conversion fees, goods and services tax etc. However, these charges are not to be dreaded if one pays his credit card bills well in time. The late penalty charges applicable in case you missed the payment dateline are humongous. Moreover, you can also withdraw cash at ATMs using your credit card for a certain limit applicable to you. But you should be aware that the interest charged on cash withdrawal is applicable from day 1 itself, along with some percentage subject to a minimum fixed amount applicable at the time of withdrawal. That’s why it’s advantageous to have a credit card with low annual fees – it makes all the difference.
Our Review of the Best Credit Cards with Low Annual Fees
Although features and benefits of all credit cards will not be the same, having a credit card with low annual fees help in the sense that the unnecessary expenses is cut down for one. The annual fee is also charged as a one-time bill at the beginning of the year (at the time of issue of the credit card). That does pinch the pocket for those with high annual maintenance fees.
So here are some of the best Credit Cards with Low Annual Fees. Take a look and we will list out their features in detail below.
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Main Features|
|HSBC Platinum Credit Card||Nil||Buy 1 Ticket Get 1 Free on BookMyShow|
|ICICI Platinum Chip Card – Visa||Nil||Minimum 15% savings on dining at partner restaurants|
|Yes Bank Prosperity Reward Plus||Nil||Extra Rewards on Online, Dining & International Spends|
|Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card||₹ 250||5x Reward Points on Dining and Fuel Spends|
|SimplyCLICK SBI Card||₹ 499(Reversed on spending ₹ 1 Lakh in a year)||1% fuel surcharge waiver for transactions worth ₹ 500-3000|
|HDFC Freedom||₹ 500(Waived on spending ₹60,000 in a year||5X reward points on Dining/Movies/Groceries/Railway /Taxi|
|Citi® Cash Back Credit Card||₹ 500||5% cash back on movies and utility bill payment|
|HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card||₹ 500(Receive gift vouchers worth the fee)||Redeem Reward points as Direct CashBack|
|RBL Titanium Delight Credit Card||₹ 750||Buy 1 Get 1 on Movies & 5% value back on groceries on Wednesdays|
|IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Credit Card||₹ 899(Receive equivalent gift vouchers)||Complimentary Priority Pass Membership|
1. HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
In addition to it’s zero annual maintenance fees, other features of this credit card include:
- Get ₹ 2,000 voucher from Cleartrip on making your first successful transaction.
- Get 10% cashback on transactions done within the first 90 days of card activation. (Min txn ₹ 10,000. Max cashback upto ₹ 3,000).
- Earn 2 reward points per ₹ 150 spent on the card.
- Enjoy 3X reward points on hotel, dining and telecom spends for the first 12 months.
- Get 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions worth ₹ 400-4,000.
- Avail up to 15% discount across partner restaurants in India.
- BookMyShow Offer of Buy 1 Get 1 Free Ticket.
2. ICICI Platinum Chip Card – Visa
The outstanding feature of this credit card is that it is free for lifetime. Additionally, card holders can:
- Avail min 15% savings at over 800 restaurants under the Culinary Treats program of ICICI Bank.
- Enjoy 1% fuel surcharge waiver at HPCL pumps for fuel transactions up to ₹ 4,000.
- Earn 2 PAYBACK Points for every ₹ 100 spent on retail transactions except fuel.
- Redeem accumulated reward points against a host of vouchers and products.
3. Yes Bank Prosperity Reward Plus
Some of its features of this credit card are:
- Spend ₹ 5,000 within the first 30 days of card activation and get assured reward points of 1250.
- Earn 2 reward points per ₹ 100 for all retail spends, 3 reward points for online and dining spends and 4 reward points on international spends.
- Redeem rewards against an exclusive catalogue of products or convert into JPMiles.
- Get fuel surcharge waiver for transactions valued ₹ 400-5,000 across all fuel pumps.
- Reach total spends of ₹ 3.6 Lakhs in a year and get 12,000 bonus reward points.
4. Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card
This credit card comes with a low annual fee of ₹ 250 and features the following benefits:
- Be a part of Standard Chartered Good Life Program.
- Avail a whole range of offers and discounts across shopping, travel and dining.
- Earn 1 reward point for every ₹ 150 spent across all categories.
- Earn 5X reward points on dining and fuel spends with no maximum limit.
5. SimplyCLICK SBI Card
With an annual fee of ₹ 499 which is rewarded as cash back upon spending ₹ 1 Lakh or more in the preceding year. Some of its features are-
- Get ₹ 500 Amazon voucher as welcome gift.
- Earn 5X reward points on online spends and 10X rewards on online shopping with partner like BookMyShow, Cleartrip, Amazon, Foodpanda, Lenskart and UrbanClap.
- Avail 1% fuel surcharge waiver for transactions valued between ₹ 500 and ₹ 3,000.
- Get an e-voucher worth ₹ 2,000 on ₹ 1 Lakh spends.
6. HDFC Freedom
This credit card with low annual fee offered by HDFC Bank has the following features:
- Get 500 reward points as welcome benefit.
- Earn 1 reward point for every ₹ 150 spent across all categories.
- Accelerate your reward earnings 5-times on Movies/Dining/Groceries/Railways & Taxis.
- Earn 10X reward points on PayZapp & SmartBUY spends.
- Get convenience fee waiver of 1% on fuel transactions worth ₹ 400-5,000.
- Redeem your rewards against a host of voucher and merchandise or direct statement credit.
7. Citi® Cash Back Credit Card
This credit card is basically for cash backs. Here are the details:
- 5% direct cash back on movie ticket purchases.
- 5% cashback on paying telephone bills through this credit card.
- Pay your utility bills through Citibank Online Bill Pay and get 5% cash back.
- 5% cash back on all other spending.
8. HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card
Another offer from HDFC Bank, this card offers the following features and benefits:
- Earn 2 reward points for every ₹ 150 spent on the card.
- Get 100% more reward points on online spending.
- Avail 1% fuel surcharge waiver across all fuel stations for transactions worth ₹ 400 and more.
- Redeem your rewards as direct cash credit into the statement.
- Spend ₹ 50,000 in a quarter to get ₹ 500 e-voucher.
9. RBL Titanium Delight Credit Card
This RBL credit card charges an annual fee of ₹ 750 and for this minimal amount it offers numerous advantages as given below-
- Earn 1 reward point for every ₹ 100 spent across all categories.
- Get a welcome gift of 2,000 reward points within 30 days from the date of joining fee payment.
- Spend ₹ 10,000 within 60 days and get 1,000 additional reward points.
- Enjoy fuel surcharge waiver across all fuel stations.
- Get mid-week benefit on Wednesday in the form of 1+1 on movie tickets, 5% value back on groceries and 10% value back at Pizza Hut.
10. IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Credit Card
This credit card has an annual fee of ₹ 899. It is one of those credit cards with low annual fees that has the benefits as below:
- Welcome gift voucher from EazyDiner, MakeMyTrip and Satya Paul.
- Enjoy complimentary Priority Pass Membership.
- Get premium concierge service from IndusInd Bank.
- Avail 1% on fuel surcharge at any petrol pump across India on transactions between ₹ 400 to ₹ 4,000.
- Get air accident cover of up to ₹ 25 Lakhs.
Your Choice of Best Credit Cards With low Annual Fees
So we have listed some of the best credit cards with low annual fees. The list is not exhaustive and there may be slight changes in the offerings and benefits. Customers are requested to confirm the same from the issuing banks before applying. We hope it is helpful in picking your choice from a host of credit cards. Get started and apply online for credit cards today.